[tex-live] Pscryrliic Fonts for TeXLive

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Aug 23 00:47:17 CEST 2007

Edd Barrett writes:

 > Now I am faced with an error which I saw months ago during early
 > stages of porting:
 > -----------8<---------------
 > > cat test.tex
 > \documentclass{article}
 > \begin{document}
 > This is a test 123
 > \end{document}
 >
 > > pdflatex test
 > pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file /usr/local/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map): ambiguous entry for `laui2986': font file present but not included, will be treated as font file not present
 > *** Signal 11

Seems that there is something wrong with pdftex on your platform.
Whatever you have in your map file, pdftex shouldn't crash with signal~11.

I don't know whether signal numbers are unique on different UNIX
systems, but if this is the case, signal 11 means "segmentation fault".

This should be fixed.  A program producing segmentation faults is very
unsafe because it's then also very easy to produce stack overflows.
This is a ***big*** security hole.

Can you provide a minimal set of files which allows to re-produce the
problem?

IMO, this is a ***very big*** problem.  If you use pdftex on your web
server in order to create pdf files on-the-fly and the content of an
arbitrary \input file can produce a segmentaion fault or even a stack
overflow, then there is definitely something wrong.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25