[tex-live] Pscryrliic Fonts for TeXLive

Edd Barrett vext01 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:07:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

I apologise if I'm being really dumb here.

There are 2 pdftex.map's on my system. There should be just one?
--------8<----------
eddlocal at dec170:eddlocal> kpsewhere pdftex.map
/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
/usr/local/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
--------8<----------

However the first and third are duplicated for some reason.

The cyrillic font is infact installed in
/usr/local/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map:
--------8<----------
eddlocal at dec170:eddlocal> grep faqr6a
/usr/local/share/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
faqr6a AntiquaPSCyr-Regular "T2AAdobeEncoding ReEncodeFont" <t2a.enc <antiq6.pfb
faqr6a t2a antiq6

So I guess that the map is in the wrong config file.

I am a little confused right now. Why is there 2 updmap.cfg's? Perhaps
I need to tell updmap-sys to use the main texmf tree somehow?

Many Thanks for your help.

--
Best Regards

Edd