[tex-live] texlive license

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Aug 18 20:38:33 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 13:31 -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> There are several files under a "literat" license,
>
> Where did you find this license?  I don't doubt you, but I'd like to see
> it.  I can't find any license at all.
>
> Vladimir, it seems you wrote the TeX support for the fonts.  Do you know
> the creators?  Do you think there's any chance of getting the license
> liberalized?

Text of the license is here:

texmf-dist/doc/fonts/literat/license

The files aren't licensed internally, but thats not shocking, since
tex-live is a collection of a lot of sources. I searched the tree for
anything calling itself literat, and made the assumption that they were
under that license:

texmf-dist/fonts/type1/paragrap/literat/
texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/literat/
texmf-dist/fonts/vf/paragrap/literat/
texmf-dist/fonts/afm/paragrap/literat/
texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/paragrap/literat/