[tex-live] Fwd: OpenBSD port print/texlive/texmf-minimal lacks bbold11.mf and bbold14.mf

Sebastien Carlier sebastien.carlier at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 18:14:10 CEST 2007

Hello,

I thoroughly removed all bits of previous installations and reinstalled
unmodified tex-live ports.  I have confirmed that the following commmands
fix generation of bbold fonts at various point sizes on my system:

rm /usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/jknapltx/ubbold.fd
rm /usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/sauterfonts/subbold.fd
mv /usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/bbold/Ubbold.fd \
   /usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/bbold/ubbold.fd

I had to regenerate the file catalogues (texconfig-sys, Rehash) before
things worked, but if you modify the ports themselves (which seems to
be the right thing to do) it will of course happen automatically.

The files ubbold.fd and Ubbold.fd are in texlive/texmf-minimal:

texlive_texmf-minimal-2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/jknapltx/ubbold.fd
texlive_texmf-minimal-2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/bbold/Ubbold.fd

The file subbold.fd is in texlive_texmf-full:

texlive_texmf-full-2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/sauterfonts/subbold.fd

Here is a sample LaTeX test case:

---8<---
\documentclass{report}
\usepackage{bbold}
\begin{document}
\fontencoding{U}\fontfamily{bbold}
\fontsize{10}{13}\selectfont 10pt
\fontsize{11}{14}\selectfont 11pt
\fontsize{12}{15}\selectfont 12pt
\fontsize{14.4}{17}\selectfont 14.4pt
\fontsize{17.28}{20}\selectfont 17.28pt
\end{document}
---8<---

I am entirely happy with the results, so please do ammend the port.

Thanks!

--
Sebastien