[tex-live] jadetex: difference between preloading a format and loading its definitions?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 18 00:59:28 CEST 2007

    seems that loading the format dump has not the same effect as loading
    its definition.

Of course there are some possible differences, like expansion of \everyjob.

    | (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/cyrillic/t2aenc.def
    | File: t2aenc.def 2005/09/27 v1.0i Cyrillic encoding definition file
    |

    | ! LaTeX Error: Encoding scheme `' unknown.

My only idea for debugging is to add \loggingall to t2aenc.def and see
why the encoding scheme is (un)defined in the two different cases.  Sorry.

Does anyone actually use jadetex?  Isn't it pretty moribund at this
point?

karl