[tex-live] Deadline

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Oct 31 19:42:17 CET 2006

    definitely do not manage to finish it before Marrakesh but then I can
    do it within a few days (the documentation for babel is not written at

A few days after Marrakesh is fine.  For the sake of concreteness, let's
say November 20.  (Same date I need the final papers for the tug06
proceedings, BTW, if you end up wanting to make any changes after the
conference.)

    BTW: we also have new babel modules for Czech and Slovak. I do not
    know whether its developer has already contacted anybody but it
    would be nice if it were included in TL 2006.

If they're put on CTAN as separate packages with separate names that
don't conflict with babel, we can include them.  As Szabo did with the
new Hungarian magyar.ldf.  We can't (don't want to) change the core
babel.

(I hope the Babel maintainer finds time to integrate all these new
packages.  Besides yours and Peter's, there's also Jabri's Arabic.  Work
perpetually continues ...)

karl