[tex-live] missing Adobe AFM files?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Oct 24 10:05:00 CEST 2006

On Die, 24 Okt 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> (helvetic.tpm etc.) contain files of different origin, this doesn't
> work, or at least needs some special-casing.

Yup, we know. But there are more special cases than this. I think the
work we are doing on ctan2tl script with all the MAKE..... functions
does exactely this. But: Currently *only* AMS is an example for many
source.zips to different .tpms. PSNFSS is another, but there are very
few, at leats we hope. CJK comes to my mind as another (but it is one
CTAN to many tpm, so this is no problem).

So I would say that even with my DD hat on I don't see a problem,
because we really have that the mapping CTAN->tpm is in most cases 1-1,
plus a few special cases. Yes, those we have to treat separately.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena