[tex-live] missing Adobe AFM files?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Oct 23 23:25:26 CEST 2006

    no correspondence between CTAN uploads (directory hierarchies) and tpm

It is not 100%, but usually the correspondence is very close indeed.
As far as copyright goes, it's not like TL just adds random files to
what is uploaded.  So I don't see the problem ... in general.

In the specific case of the afm/tfm/etc. font files, it is a horrible
mess and we have to straighten it out, which will take ages and won't
happen before this release.  But the ultimate goal would be that we will
have the files from ctan clearly separated from other files not on CTAN,
and the "not on CTAN" files would be minimized or eliminated, one way or
another.  And furthermore that files that are in different packages on
CTAN would be in different packages in TL.  That's the goal.  Motherhood
and apple pie.