[tex-live] missing Adobe AFM files?

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Fri Oct 13 09:51:29 CEST 2006

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

> Once again: what Fabrice wrote was a system which *automatically*
> updates the file lists in texmf-dist/tpm and texmf-doc/tpm.  Manual
> changes to those file lists are useless and get overwritten.
>
> The scripts update foo.tpm by, essentially, looking for subdirectories
> named "foo" in the usual places.  This is why I say tpm names =
> directory names.  For example, helvetic.tpm contains files in
> directories named "helvetic".

Ah, now I understand.  I tend to consider this as a design flaw, but we
might have to cope with it.

Anyway, it doesn't make it harder to remove files that are no longer on
CTAN (like the obsolete urw35vf stuff), or things that slipped in by an
other mechanism, like the dvi-augsburg versions of Palatino (no
directory name like this).

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster