[tex-live] missing Adobe AFM files?

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Oct 12 08:27:59 CEST 2006

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     not one week before
>     TeXlive is going to be released
>
> Debian, that is.

No, TeXlive.  I hope TeXlive 2006 will be released before 2007?

>  (And Norbert's mail a day or two ago was the first I
> ever heard of it...)  Not the general TL.  You do realize you're taking
> what amounts to a development snapshot ... hope it works out.

No, Debian etch will have TeXlive 2005, no matter how fast TeXlive 2006
is released.

>     tpm files need a proper reorganization sooner or (rather not) later.
>
> The tpm files, per se, aren't the problem -- they accurately (I assume)
> reflect what is in the repository.  The problem is the mess of *actual*
> font files :).  And sure, I agree, "sooner" would always be nicer than
> "later".

Yes, the files are the actual mess.  Me talking about the tpm files is
because for Debian we use the tpm files to put things in place.  And
also because they are a better entry point to sorting things out than
the actual directories, which are dispersed among different subtrees
(afm, tfm, pfb, ...)

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster