[tex-live] package updates ...

Robin Fairbairns robin.fairbairns at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 10:58:44 CEST 2006

On 10/8/06, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> ># texmf-dist/tpm/fancynum.tpm
> >diff /src/TeX/CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/fancynum/fancynum.sty
> >/src/TeX/texlive-svn/Master/texmf-dist/tex/latex/fancynum/fancynum.sty
>
> >        CTAN is incosistent, the .sty files is NOT the one generated from
> >        the respective .dtx file! How to fix?

i've deleted the .sty on ctan

will tell the author when my network connection comes back

># texmf-dist/tpm/hyperref.tpm
> >diff /src/TeX/CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/hyperref/doc/manual.html
> >/src/TeX/texlive-svn/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/hyperref/manual.html
> >
> >        hyperref-tds.zip seems to be out-of-date, after updating the
> >        check still spits out changed .html file

someone needs to ask heiko; i wouldn't trust myself to sort out his
building stuff.

 | ># texmf-dist/tpm/labelcas.tpm

> >diff /src/TeX/CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/labelcas/labelcas.sty
> >/src/TeX/texlive-svn/Master/texmf-dist/tex/latex/labelcas/labelcas.sty
> >
> >        the sty file generated and the one on CTAN differ, but
> >        only wrt whitespace, CTAN inconsistent

i've deleted the .sty on ctan, will notify the author

>/src/TeX/texlive-svn/Build/tools/tpm-ctan-check: cannot find tpm file
> >#powerdot-doc-vn
> >
> >        Oopps that is my stupid comment which cannot be found

i still don't understand the vietnamese doc issue

>texmf-dist/tpm/proof.tpm: no files to compare in
> >/src/TeX/CTAN/support/proof, fixme!
> >(tpm_files = texmf-dist/tex/latex/proof/proof.sty
> texmf-dist/doc/latex/proof>/proofeg.pdf
> texmf-dist/doc/latex/proof/proofeg.tex)
> >
> >        occurs on CTAN/support/proof/
> >                a program to work with TeX/MF files
> >        occurs on CTAN/macros/latex/contrib/proof/
> >                sty file for generating LK proofs
> >        the Catalogue entry refers to the first
> >        the tpm file contains the files from the second, but the title
> from
> >        the first!

very old package (both of them) predate our more modern care about
package names.  wonderful what the requirement to create catalogue entries
does for you...

/src/TeX/texlive-svn/Build/tools/tpm-ctan-check: cannot find tpm file
> pst-tree
>
>         not a tpm, note that pst-tree.{tex,sty} seems to be distributed
>         together WITH pstricks, ie as part of it. So it should be
>         deleted from the tpm-ctan-check as a own package!

i've asked herbert to sort that out, but he's not got around to it yet.

the pstricks tree is a shambles.  by this time next year herbert and might
have come to an agreement about a rearrangement.

robin (home network down, so mailing from gmail  backup address...