[tex-live] Comment on libfontconfig

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Oct 4 23:48:01 CEST 2006

  > [...], I don't feel that systems without fontconfig are likely
  > to be the primary users of xetex, so if our xetex and xdvipdfmx
  > binaries won't run on such a system, I can live with that.

In an ideal world xetex would work everywhere but TeXLive-2005
supported the following systems:

     alpha-linux
     i386-darwin
     i386-freebsd
     i386-linux
     mips-irix
     powerpc-aix
     powerpc-darwin
     sparc-linux
     sparc-solaris
     win32
     x86_64-linux

Unless anybody intends to provide binaries for HP-UX or VAXes we don't
have to care whether fontconfig is installed there or not.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25