[tex-live] metapost 0.99 sources checked in

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Nov 20 23:52:33 CET 2006

    I just checked in the sources for metapost 0.99. Hopefully, it will
    compile ok (rev #2470)

It built on tug.org, and mpost --version works.  Yay!  Thanks!

       I am not sure what the best course of action is... attempt to patch
       the new version for use with kpathsea or include the non-kpathsea
       version?

I defer to you and Werner on deciding what to do.  Not being a groff
person, I don't know how important the kpathsea searching is there.

    * I have changed 'convert', but not 'convert.bat'

Hopefully Akira (or someone) can make the Windows build work, one way or
another ... Akira, any chance of looking at this when you have a chance?

   Cross-compile support appears to be lacking from TeXLive,

As I recall, we've never tried to support cross-compilation in the TL
source tree.  At any rate, I'm not worried about it for now.

Thanks,
Karl