[tex-live] proto10.map and xdvipdfmx in revision 2381

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Nov 6 18:12:55 CET 2006

On 6 Nov 2006, at 11:03 am, Peter Münster wrote:

> same result with "gcc (GCC) 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)".

OK -- not surprising, but good to have confirmation of this.

>> One thing that concerns me is that texk/ttf2pk contains both
>> configure.in and configure.ac. Presumably one of these is obsolete;
>> could it be that the wrong one is being used in generating the
>> configure script?
>
> If you want, I can delete one of these files.

If you're not running autoconf or the reautoconf script locally, then
it won't make any difference -- you'll just be running the configure
script that came from the repository.

> Yes, without ttf2pk, the configuration ends with success.

So this confirms my conclusion that the issue is ttf2pk's configure
script that is failing, and storing a bad value in the cache, which
then breaks later configure processes.

Anyone able to investigate the ttf2pk configure problem? I'm guessing
(from comparing my log from a Mac OS X build with Peter's Linux log)
that it may be triggered by the --with-system-freetype option.

Peter, could you try building without system-freetype (but with
ttf2pk), and see if that helps?

JK