[tex-live] Successful (but cludgy) build on cygwin

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 30 23:44:39 CEST 2006

    The supplied "configure --help" gives the default --prefix dir as
    /usr/local/teTex

Sure.

    and sometimes in the documentation it gives a
    /usr/local/texlive/2005 as the prefix dir (I think).

That's the default in the TL installation script.  It is unrelated to
configure.

    though it says for MacOs is /usr/local/teTex.

It's a long story.

    Is there any preferrances for the top level directory?

You can choose anything you want.  I advise something with the release
year (2005) in it.