[tex-live] teTeX: no next release

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 30 23:23:12 CEST 2006

    it looks like TeX Live does not use "pristine" upstream sources,

Where do you get that idea?  I don't make changes to what was released
to CTAN (or wherever the original source is, unfortunately not
everything is on CTAN, despite our continuing efforts).

It is true that we do run the ins's and otherwise rearrange packages
from CTAN as needed so that they are actually usable, i.e., in the
standard directory locations.  However, we don't modify the contents.

Of course it would be nice if what was on CTAN was all perfectly
arranged and configurable and could be downloaded and used without
any changes whatsoever.  That is not the reality.  It's been talked
about for a lot of years.

karl