[tex-live] teTeX: no next release

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue May 30 19:56:58 CEST 2006

  >> I've to drop some stuff to get it fit to the size of teTeX
  >> .... next is: is there a clear policy and check(!) about license
  >> stuff within the TeXLive tree.
  >>
  > I believe so. I just remind e-mails in this list from the last
  > half year.  TL as well as other sources contain fonts that are
  > believed to be free but it was not sure. Developers of TL work
  > hard to find the official message stating that the fonts are free
  > etc. You can find about the policy just by reviewing the archive
  > of the texlive list.

There are no fonts in TL which are not free or have an unclear
license.  If you find one though, please let me know.

There had been a discussion about the license of Adobe Utopia fonts
because it would be nice to have them in TL, especially because Thanh
wants to provide an extended version which supports Vietnamese.

But the fonts are not in TL.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25