[tex-live] building from source

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Fri May 26 17:27:32 CEST 2006

>>>>> "Karl" == Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> writes:

Karl> Well, t1asm.c defines its own getline.  I don't think getline is
Karl> a standard function?  So I'm puzzled that it is being declared in
Karl> stdio.h by default in Cygwin.  It doesn't seem to be the case on any
Karl> other systems, since I don't recall this error being reported before.

Getline(3) is defined in glibc's stdio.h, ifdef __USE_GNU:

,----(excerpt from /usr/include/stdio.h)
| #ifdef	__USE_GNU
|
| // getdelim() and some comments elided
|
| extern _IO_ssize_t getline (char **__restrict __lineptr,
| 			    size_t *__restrict __n,
| 			    FILE *__restrict __stream) __wur;
| #endif
`----

and getline(3) says:

,----(excerpt from getline(3))
| CONFORMING TO
|        Both  getline()  and  getdelim()  are GNU extensions.
|        They are available since libc 4.6.27.
`----

-JimC
--