[tex-live] svn vs. p4

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 20 23:38:01 CEST 2006

    > Would it be helpful to have two independent repositories, one for
    > system independend stuff (texmf-dist and texmf-doc) and one for system
    > dependent stuff (texmf and source)?

That would cause far more problems than it would solve, in my opinion.
I also don't see why it would help Staszek's speed issue at all.

    (btw, laptop disks - as stazek uses- are slow anyway but i'm not sure if
    a desk top better

I feel sure a desktop disk would be a lot faster than a laptop disk.
But also a new laptop disk would probably be a lot faster than his
current laptop disk, which we bought a couple years ago, as I recall.

Staszek, is there room in the machine for another disk if we bought one?
An external disk would also be possible, though less convenient for you,
I imagine.