[tex-live] svn vs. p4

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Sat May 20 21:54:57 CEST 2006

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> We need more feedback from all the people involved in TeXLive
> production somehow.  The question is: Can you live with svn or not.

I have never contributed to TeXlive and I probably never will.
Let's say I am just a lurker. But I am strongly in favour of svn.
I have checked out a working copy and I am happy to be able to
follow the ongoing developement of TeXlive. Something I never did
with p4. (Well, I tried it concerning pdftex some time ago.)

Well, this is just a very personal and highly emotional estimation.
But maybe it is not unimportant to you to know that there are
people out there observing your work who are very happy with
the svn repository.

Ciao
Andreas