[tex-live] Source and Copyright question concerning cspsfonts

Zdenek Wagner wagner at cesnet.cz
Tue May 9 18:45:24 CEST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> Zdenek Wagner <wagner at cesnet.cz> writes:
>
> There are several solutions: get the other authors to agree to release
> the generated files under a different license.  Reimport the changed
> edited files into the source file and distribute that (depends on the
> agreement of the editor of the changed files, but considering that he
> has been in violation of the license, this should probably be easy to
> assure), Czech or not.  Add a notice that translations would be very
> much appreciated.

It is a long time since I made these files and the whole package is now
maintained by others. However, I managed to find other files. As a matter
of fact, cspsfont.doc does not contain any license at all. I have GPL
version 2, June 1991 in the same directory. Probably I chose it because
authors of other parts of CSTeX used it. The installation script,
cspsfont.ins, does not contain any license either. Thus the message is the
default from docstrip because I did not redefine it.

As far as translation is concern, I do not think that it would be
appreciated. I liked the tool 11 years ago when I created because
development was easier for me than studying fontinst. I am afraid that
translation of this obsolete tool is just waisting time and the only
meaningful solution is to change the copyright of generated files.

> Stuff like that.
>
> --
> David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum

Zdenek Wagner
e-mail: wagner at cesnet.cz

see also http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
         http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz