[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Fri Jun 30 00:54:18 CEST 2006

* David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> writes:

    >> Ok, I'll stop there.

    > Probably better.

Yes, the more I read this, the more I compare this assembly to the one
doing the trial of the witch in "Monty Python and the Holy
Grail". (Sorry :-) )

When will you guys admit that what disturbs you much is that Microsoft is a
commercial company that makes _money_ by _selling_ software licenses and the real reason
beyond this anti-ms behaviour is much more political than technical ?
(or at least this the way I see it).

It is easy to argument on the defects of Windows, but
my kids are playing on their computer for years, my father started to
use it at almost 70 to send emails, connect to the internet, do
audio/video conferencing with messenger (talking to my kids), my wife is
using her computer too for her job heavily each day. BTW, they don't
expierience much annoiyances. And now imagine I
switch all these people from their XP os to some Unix version and change
all the applications too for Unix ones. Don't tell me that they will agree and be
satisfied. Just because they don't want to do any kind of programming,
they don't want to type in shell commands, they don't want to understand
how it works. They just want to use it.

Let computer scientists use tools for computer scientists but for the
good or for the bad, Microsoft has done a lot to make computers
accessible to the largest number of people.

(Now Sebastian can kick me out of the list!)

Fabrice