[tex-live] problem reinsstalling Windows TExlive2005

Sebastian Canagaratna s-canagaratna at onu.edu
Sat Jun 24 19:19:44 CEST 2006

Hi:
    I installed Texlive 2005 successfully on windows XP, but because I
found it difficult to get it to work with Xemacs so I unistalled it and
installed Xemtex. This had other problems, so I  unsintalled it and
reinstalled TexLive. Now I get the error:

 error copying "C:/TexLive2005/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf": no such file
or directory. The program selects automatically texmf-var/web2c; I seem
to recall that the first time the directory was texmf-web2c for TEXMF.

THe details for the error gives:

while executing "source $filename install"
invoked from within (if file exist (file dirname $sourcedir) tlpm.exe)
then
  {source $filename install}
 else {
      tk_message ... etc

I tried all kinds of things like deleting the old TeXLive2005 directory
before reinstalling, but nothins seems to work. I have tries both the
dvd and the cdrom, both give the same result.

Have I change unwittingly changed something, or is there are problem
here?

Thanks.

Sebastian Canagaratna
Department of Chemistry