[tex-live] Editors for Windows

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Jun 21 23:30:06 CEST 2006

Juergen Fenn <juergen.fenn at GMX.DE> writes:

> Juergen Fenn <juergen.fenn at GMX.DE> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> writes:
>
>>> It might be a reasonable idea to use the CVS Emacs executable with
>>> AUCTeX that is available from <URL:ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu>,
>>
>> ACK.
>
> If you could put this version of Emacs for Windows on CTAN it would be
> included in the TeX Collection automatically. Probably, no further
> work by the TL team would be needed. How about this, David?

Not a good idea in my book: there is a reason it is on alpha.gnu.org:
this is development software straight from the tap.  It means that any
particular snapshot might turn out rotten.  Only a pick-and-test
procedure will avoid drawing a lemon reliably.  And that means that it
should get manually placed into TeXlive, not just as a random
snapshot.  That way, testers have a chance to change the choice of the
included version.