[tex-live] shell_escape extension patch

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jun 20 17:35:02 CEST 2006

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

> Following the syntax of open in Perl, it should be \input "command |". In
> gnuplot notation it would be \input "< command". Octave (similarly as C)
> distinguishes between fopen and popen, so maybe it should be
> \pinput "command" or something like that.

This extension does not need a web change file so far, and if that can
be avoided I believe we should. But whether or not any kind of special
symbol is before or after the command is up for grabs. If there is a
consensus on a syntax change, I will not object. But not do the coding,
either ;)

Greetings, Taco