[tex-live] Perl for Windows

Zdenek Wagner wagner at cesnet.cz
Tue Jun 20 11:09:07 CEST 2006

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> indeed, also, most gnutools are available compiled for native windows;
> unfortunate exceptions are rsync and ssh for which (afaik) one still
> needs cygwin dll's

Teraterm ssh does not need cygwin. Moreover, it can just be copied to a
computer, no installation is needed. The file of a zip file is about 1.2
MB, so that it can be transferred on a single diskette. It can also be run
directly from a memory stick. I found it a few years ago on the
installation CD of Redhat Linux 6.0 and I still use it if I must use ssh
from someone else's Windows computer. WinSCP doen not need cygwin either
afaik but it must be installed.

Zdenek Wagner
e-mail: wagner at cesnet.cz

see also http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/