[tex-live] DPS support in xdvik

Igor Sobrado igor at string1.ciencias.uniovi.es
Sat Jun 10 11:27:10 CEST 2006

Hello.

It is my first post on this list.  First of all, I want to acknowledge
the efforts in developing this fine TeX distribution.  In my humble
opinion, TeX Live is an excellent distribution for TeX users, perhaps
the best one for people that, as me, want to customize TeX not installing
superfluous packages that will never use.

Just a though: may I suggest providing DPS-enabled binaries for xdvik in
platforms that support it?  (e.g., Solaris)  Requiring GhostScript is
a bit odd on platforms that are able to render PostScript without
additional software.  Support for both DPS and gs would be great.

Cheers,
Igor.

Igor Sobrado, UK34436 - sobrado at acm.org