[tex-live] Using LM instead of CM

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jun 8 01:44:52 CEST 2006

Ralf Stubner wrote:
> I will have to retest with v1.00. Maybe there have been changes there.
> Also, I am definitly not qualified to check the PL, CS and VN variants

afaik, the polish have decided to switch; cs should be ok as well (their
remarks have been taken into account in v 1.0) and from the start it has
been the intention to replace vn as well; the aer stuff can also go

(for what it's worth: context users already switched previous tex live,
although unfortunately some unfortunate last minute changes in the
official map files made things fail, but users know how to update -)
> of CM. Maybe it is possible to replace those. And atleast wrt to the to
> low umlauts one could argue that people writing in German should use T1
> encoding anyway, where this problem does not exist. Unfortunately,
> nobody reads the documentation telling them so ... :-(

well, then nobody can blame you -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE