[tex-live] teTeX: no next release

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Jun 2 12:50:30 CEST 2006

Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> fwiw, i find the argument about source specials rather hard to get
> my head around.  how does one find the file that's being referred
> to, given that it's typically on someone else's file system, more
> than likely a system that's got a different structure than your
> system.  am i missing something here?  (i don't actually use source
> specials myself.)

Maybe.  Nobody is talking about CTAN (where PDF is all appropriate and
Source Specials make little sense).  We are talking about a TeXlive
tree, where the locations of source code and dvi file are fixed
relatively to each other, so with a properly set up compilation
environment, source specials should contain proper relative path names
pointing to the pristine source location of the TeXlive source tree.