[tex-live] ETA for TeXlive 2006

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jul 23 20:56:48 CEST 2006

    Subject: [tex-live] ETA for TeXlive 2006

Hi John,

I just replied to this on ctt, mostly reproduced below.

Regarding context, there is nothing special about the context in tl;
it's whatever version is current at the time.  So if the current context
release doesn't work for you, it's unlikely that whatever comes in tl
will either.  I'll send you some hints separately.

Best,
karl

--
Although Lars is right that email to texlive at tug.org is a better place
to discuss TL specifics, since I saw your note, I don't mind answering.

As for updates, there have been lots; I try to work on the package
backlog (still counted in the hundreds) almost every day.  You can use
the development tree if you're willing to be a guinea pig -- I do
myself.  (The binaries have not been updated yet, so it's "just" the
package updates so far, for the most part.)  The most convenient way to
get it is probably rsync, as detailed on http://tug.org/texlive.

If anyone has time and inclination to get involved with helping with
the package updates, I would love that.  I wrote down the prerequisites
and first steps at http://tug.org/texlive/pkgupdate.html.