[tex-live] from source

djh henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Jul 18 09:25:39 CEST 2006

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. Need to re-clarify some things

One reason I was building texlive from source is because I (from some nefarious reason) can not download files of more than 20 megabytes or so through the firewall inbetween me and the world.

With the Tetex source package, I was able to downloaded it and when it was
make and make installed it gave a complete system.

I get the impression that TexLive can not do this.  Am I wrong?

Or who can I accomplish this?

Thanks,
  darel henman