[tex-live] LyX and cmr truetypes

Florent Rougon f.rougon at free.fr
Tue Jul 11 11:27:57 CEST 2006

John Murdie <john at cs.york.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thank you to everyone who replied. From people's replies, I think it
> would be sensible not to put these typeface files under TeXLive, but to
> add them as a separate package which unpacks
> under /usr/X11/lib/fonts/xft-fonts, say. They're not expected to
> interfere with anything that TeXLive provides, but it seems sensible to
> keep them separate.

/usr/X11? Never seen such a path. Moreover, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ is
deprecated from X.Org 7 onwards. FWIW, in Debian, the fonts are under
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/latex-xft-fonts/, which looks sensible to me.
If you really need files in /usr/lib or whatever directory for some old
non FHS-compliant app, you can always use symlinks.

--
Florent