[tex-live] LyX and cmr truetypes

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Jul 10 20:38:50 CEST 2006

  > How does all this sit with TeXLive? Would it be best if I
  > installed the `latex-xft-fonts' somewhere apart from TeXLive, or
  > should I associate them with our TeXLive installation by putting
  > them, say, under $TEXMFLOCAL/fonts/truetype/public/xft-fonts/?
  > Whereever I put them, is there any danger that my indexing them in
  > our fontconfig installation will upset anything that TeXLive
  > supplies?

I assume that it doesn't matter where you install them and fontconfig
is configuered properly.  However, they are not used by TeX.  Hence,
if you put them into $TEXMFLOCAL, your ls-lR file will be larger.

I personally would put them where the other system fonts are.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25