[tex-live] Alternative to .iso?

Ken Brooks kenb at rpath.com
Mon Jul 10 15:49:56 CEST 2006

Thanks, Reinhard; that helps.  (I can't muck with fstab because the
"recipe" (script) I'm writing will be used on a lot of machines I don't
control and can't have root privileges on.)

Now I realize I also want to automate the process of doing a full or
nearly full install.  Anybody know enough to instruct me?  I could imagine:
   a. hacking away at install-tl.sh until I have a non-interactive,
      pre-scripted way of doing the same thing
   b. Using install-pkg.sh on various collections until I have
everything
      I need.
Recommendations?  (Would an install-pkg of collection-basic be enough to
get up and running?)

Ken