[tex-live] Ruby interpreter for Windows in the TeXLive distribution?

Giuseppe Bilotta bilotta78 at hotpop.com
Sat Jul 1 08:57:47 CEST 2006

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 00:10:37 +0200, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

> They don't want to be bothered with directories, command line arguments
> or whatever.

Well, I don't want to be bothered by the clutch and the turning
signals and the steering wheel or the road rules while driving. And I
want to just be able to grab a gun and go shooting.

So what?

> This is the thing behind preinstalled OS. And from a pragmatic point of
> view, I don't see any problem in selling PCs with preinstalled OS.

I do. First of all, because de facto it means I can't choose what I
want to install and not. Secondly because, as I said, giving the
*illusion* that it's easier doesn't help: it actually makes thing
worse.

BTW, if it was all about ease of use, how comes people used DOS when
Apple had a GUI?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Hic manebimus optime