[tex-live] no p42svn for tl

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 31 02:48:09 CET 2006

After losing a week struggling with the software to convert a p4
repository to svn, I'm ready to give up.  It's too bad, because it can
do 99% of the job, and the result is very nice, but I can't find any
reasonable way to get the last 1%, or any way to get a consistent
hierarchy generated without the problematic pieces.

If anyone has significant time and interest to pursue it in the next few
days, let me know and I'll send the details, of which there are many.
Meanwhile, I'm going to move ahead with getting the build and the update
scripts working again with svn, and writing some info about the new
setup.  When that is all done, we can finally open the repo for general
changes again.

karl