[tex-live] Re: [tug-board] Any news of DVDs ?

Sebastian Rahtz Sebastian.Rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 00:27:08 CET 2006

Peter Flynn wrote:

> Me included. I don't have anything personal against bzip2 except that
> it's unheard-of, unusual, and non-standard.
you make it soound like TeX :-}

come on, guys, get a life. bzip2 has been around for
_ages_, is good and efficient. I use it all the time,
its not rocket science to type "bz2" into google

> make others go "oooh, that's clever/sensible", it makes them go
> "goddammit why can't they follow standard practice".

there is no standard practice.

>> We want to encourage people
>> to join user groups, after all.
>
> We also want to encourage them to download the image...

not really. we want them to buy a copy of a pre-burned CD.
bz2 provides a nice barrier :-}

--
Sebastian Rahtz

http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk