[tex-live] Re: LyXWin137preSmall-0-6.exe and TeXLive2005

Daniel H. Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Tue Jan 24 16:41:00 CET 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Karl Berry wrote:

>     "What TeXLive2005 _appears_ to have done, is take xemtex and
>     add the missing programs, but recompiled and/or relinked to the
>     new DLLs when necessary.
>
> I was under the impression that TL'05 took everything from xemtex as
> Fabrice provided it.  The only compilations were for programs not in
> xemtex.

When I said
"add the missing programs, but recompiled and/or relinked to the
     new DLLs when necessary"
I meant the _added_ programs were (re)compiled/(re)linked.

That is, one cannot directly include old binaries from fptex that are
not in xemtex because the DLLs have been changed since the most recent
fptex. One would need to recompile them against the new DLLs (and
possibly add a missing DLL or two). So I was only saying I assumed that
that was what had been done.

Dan

--
Dan Luecking