[tex-live] 'Lost' TeXLive after reboot

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Sun Feb 5 20:11:01 CET 2006

Reinhard Kotucha :

>  > TeXLive runs after entering
>  > 'PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2005/bin/i386- linux:$PATH; export PATH'
>  > in terminal.  So my question is: what am I doing wrong and what do
>  > I have to do to get TeXLive running?
>
> ~/.profile is executed only when the shell is a login shell, otherwise
> ~/.bashrc is executed.
>
> Fortunately ~/.profile executes ~/.bashrc,
>
>  >   if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
>  >   . ~/.bashrc
>  >   fi

AFAIK it should be

source ~/.bashrc

I have no idea what that '.' does. 'source' works for me.

I did install TL 2005 from CD, didn't want to wast bandwidth on it now
that I had the installation CD from TUG.

(using Ubuntu)

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln