[tex-live] svn hangs

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Dec 19 00:08:35 CET 2006

On 18 Dec 2006, at 10:33 pm, Karl Berry wrote:

>     And then for 20min nothing, no reaction.
>
> Maybe it was retrieving a ton of new binaries and 20min is not enough?

FWIW, I just ran "time svn update", and it took 36 minutes (including
fetching hppa-hpux binaries, not many other changes). Re-running the
command when there aren't a fresh batch of binaries to retrieve, it
takes about 6 minutes. This is on a basic home ADSL line (max 2 Mb/
s); I assume I'd see better times on a faster connection.

JK