[tex-live] Generating tex.fmt

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Aug 21 23:26:37 CEST 2006

   kenb> we couldn't figure out how to unpack a Debian package archive in a
   non-Debian world.

I had assumed .deb files could be read by a utility that can run
anywhere, but I admit I've never looked into it.  I trust Frank/Norbert
will inform us.  (Anyway, you're so close now that I doubt you want to

    john> So why are you using a .deb distro in a non-.deb environment?

John, it was a proposal (I just suggested it, in passing), to be able to
reuse the Debian folks' work in another environment.  Ken is trying to
construct a TeX installation in his environment based on TL, and his
needed setup is closer to Debian's than the default.