[tex-live] Generating tex.fmt

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 21 22:19:04 CEST 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 14:43, Ken Brooks wrote:
> Karl Berry wrote:
> > Hi Ken,
> >
> >     Would someone be willing to take a
> >     look and find the gem of truth in this mass of output?
> >
> > What appears on standard output after
> > kpathsea: Running mktexfmt tex.fmt
> > ?
>
> Sorry, that world has been overwritten (for the better) since I sent the

Well for Windows you have miktex. For Any Linux installation you
have TeXLive. It works on Windows and on Mac (I think) also.
Most Linux distros also have their own versions of TeX. So why are
you using a .deb distro in a non-.deb environment?

If you have answered this question earlier then just ignore this
post.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting