[tex-live] Unclear License of AMSLaTeX

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 28 22:21:08 CEST 2006

    I think the text quoted above makes his wishes quite literal,

Of course, but my point was that tex.web says something else.
Just as there are plenty of statements about plain.tex, AMSLaTeX, etc.,
but the actual files say something else.

    and IMO are perfectly free by any sane or debianish ;-) criterion.

Well, glad to hear it.

    Therefore, pdfTeX 1.40 has been promised to to not use tex.web at all,
    but only its already changed version.

Sorry, I fail to understand what that means.