[tex-live] [RFC] tpm dependency of collection-lang* on collection-latex

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Sep 23 22:28:05 CEST 2005

On Fre, 23 Sep 2005, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> >One question: For those
> >	collection-langXXXXX.tpm
> >where the language installs hyphenation patterns, I would lile to add a
> >TPM Dependency onto collection-latex (instead or in addition
> >tocollection-basic).
> >
> >Is this ok?
> >

> I think I'd say not. If I use plain TeX with Bulgarian hyphenation,
> why do I want to be lumbered with LaTeX?

Correct. But why do we have different policy here: In collection-french
we have latex packages (aeguill, le) but no dependency on
collection-latex, while in czechslovak and polish we have a dependency
oncollection-latex? Maybe I miss something special in
polish/czech/slovak?

Anyway, it's good with me, although I will have to hack the postinst
scripts a bit for debian ;-)

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining at at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018