[tex-live] compilation problems

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Sep 11 16:59:38 CEST 2005

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>  > Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>  >> The only solution was to copy everything to my machine, compile a
>  >> special version of svn linked to the same version of BerkelyDB as
>  >> used at sourceforge and dump the database.
>  >>
>  >> Then I set up a server on my machine.  It works pretty well when
>  >> I use it myself.  When Thanh checked out the stuff it was broken
>  >> again.  Running "svnadmin recover" gave me the error message
>  >> "permission denied".
>  >>
>  >>
>  > Did you try the subversion file system (fsfs) instead of the
>  > database one (bdb)? We use the fsfs here and so far have no
>  > problems
>
>No, thanks for the hint.  Can this be configured by a normal user or
>is it a compile-time option?  At sourceforge we are not allowed to
>install our own software and I want to move vntex to sf when svn is
>supported there.

it's a command line option

>svnadmin help create
create: usage: svnadmin create REPOS_PATH

Create a new, empty repository at REPOS_PATH.

Valid options:
  --bdb-txn-nosync         : disable fsync at transaction commit [Berkeley DB]
  --bdb-log-keep           : disable automatic log file removal [Berkeley DB]
  --config-dir arg         : read user configuration files from directory ARG
  --fs-type arg            : type of repository: 'fsfs' (default) or 'bdb'

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE