[tex-live] preliminary test image for TeX Live 2005

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Sep 9 18:47:58 CEST 2005

      a) bin-pdftex.tpm contains 2 new items in <TPM:BinPatterns> (altpdfaleph
         and simpdftex) not propagated to specific platforms

Yes, I know.  I fixed that after building the images but didn't think it
was worthwhile to rebuild them right away.  No one cares ...

      b) plnfss.tpm: DocFiles lists some missing files
      c) tex4ht.tpm:

I don't understand how either of these problems could have happened.
Can't debug at this point since you fixed them :).

There is no limit on directory nesting as far as I know.

    cured (change #8008 submited).

Thanks.  Rebuilding images now.

    -- install-tl.sh: VARTEXMF is now TEXMFSYSVAR, anyway VARTEXMF still works
       for that script (backward compatibility ??)

No, that is one backward compatibility I did not intend :).  I tried to
change VARTEXMF to TEXMFSYSVAR, but it seems I did a rather incomplete
job.  Will review it.  Thanks.

    -- lambda generating failed: !Omega capacity exceeded
       (seems that main memory size is too small for lambda)

I don't understand.  Neither lambda nor omega has changed since last
year, that I can recall.  Why should it be out of memory now?
Can you find out what main_memory size is needed?

(No, Sebastian, I don't think we should just let it stay broken. :)

    Ps. Karl, thanks for cleaning all .ini files

Thomas is the one who disabled pdftex-dvi.tex.  I continue to disagree
with these repeated characterizations of "broken", "crippled", "buggy",
"hard to program", etc.  But let's not go there :).

    I think that we're both beaten :) on the way
    to the proper and satisfying most users direction ;-)

I think you're right :).

Cheers,