[tex-live] Two fixes

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Wed Sep 7 15:37:01 CEST 2005

Hi Gerben,

"GW" == Gerben Wierda writes:

 GW> 	please call "simpdftex format inputfile"

 GW> instead. Later these can be removed and the clutter again
 GW> diminished. I am thinking about when to make this change. Is now
 GW> a good moment? Then we can remove the altpdf* copies next year
 GW> altogether.

i see your today's change:

Change 7973 by gerben at gwtex.tl2004 on 2005/09/07 11:44:18

        Forgot one change from altpdftex to simpdftex

Affected files ...

... //depot/Build/source.development/TeX/texk/texlive/Makefile.in#22 edit

Differences ...

==== //depot/Build/source.development/TeX/texk/texlive/Makefile.in#22 (text) ====

27c27
<         $(INSTALL_SCRIPT) $(srcdir)/altpdftex $(scriptdir)/$$s; \
---
>         $(INSTALL_SCRIPT) $(srcdir)/simpdftex $(scriptdir)/$$s; \

Questions:

1) did you decide not to show the message like this:
  please call "simpdftex format inputfile"

2) why you're using

$(INSTALL_SCRIPT) $(srcdir)/simpdftex $(scriptdir)/$$s; \

  but not

ln -s simpdftex $(scriptdir)/$$s;

Best,
v.