[tex-live] mptopdf bug?

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sun Oct 30 10:02:45 CET 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Karl Berry wrote:

>     ...but isn't it a bug in texmfmp.c that the
>     sequence of -options does matter at all?
>
> Some options determine what files get rid which in turn determine
> evaluation of other options -- input filenames, for sure.  (Not sure
> this is relevant for -fmt vs. -progname, but I don't think it's
> possible to make interpretation be totally independent of the option
> order, unfortunately.)

but almost all these decisions happen after parse_options(). Only the
sequence of -fmt vs. -progname is handled inside. Why not put this check
after parse_options in texmfmp.c? Just move (2x)

      if (!user_progname) user_progname = optarg;

after the parse_options() call, see attached patch (not for TL05 :-)

BTW, is it for granted that e. g.

static string user_progname;

is automatically initialized to NULL just by this declaration? I
couldn't find where it would be initialized, but it _is_ NULL here ok.

Regards, Hartmut