[tex-live] pdfetex.1: wrong link

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Oct 26 02:41:28 CEST 2005

    Who can change this?

Well, I presume the original source for the man pages is pdftex CVS, so
they should be fixed there.  (I also suggest making pdfetex.org really a
different page, with only the "e" description, and just saying see
pdftex(1) for the rest; right now the files are nearly identical.  Also,
it's not true that the complete documentation is in web2c.texi; some is
there, but the pdftex manual is a better source.)

Anyway, for now I changed the copies in TL to refer to pdftex.org.
However, the "side" typo did not appear in the files I looked at.  I
don't understand ...

(In general, I'm sure nearly all of the man pages are woefully out of
date and/or inadequate; fixing that would be a whole project in itself ...)

Thanks,
Karl