[tex-live] pscyr fails the license test

Tigran Aivazian tigran at aivazian.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 13:10:47 CEST 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>> b) if people always respected "licenses" and obeyed the so-called
>> "copyright laws" then no good things/products would have ever been
>> created (but this is just my personal opinion --- some may be
>> hypocritical enough to disagree and claim that they always obey the
>> laws :)
>>
> you propose that we simply ignore the law? or we choose which laws we
> feel like obeying? or that we obey a law only when it suits us?

my statement is not so strong, it is more modest and humble (or I should
say "more quiet" :) Namely, all I am saying, is that these "copyright"
activities (though may be loudly claimed to be obeyed officially etc etc)
should be given such low priority so as not to waste time of very talented
hackers who contribute to TeX Live. It's just I saw those messages on
this mailing list which gave me such impression, that is why I expressed
my opinion and it so happened that yesterday a friend asked me for help
installing pscyr on TeX Live and I was surprized that it wasn't
already present and then I found your message of 2003.

Kind regards
Tigran